I just love the timelessness of the pictures I’m sharing alongside this month’s gratitudes. They remind me of photos of myself as a toddler, sat in a washing up bowl of cool water on a warm sunny day. I’m sure the exact same scenes sit in your old family albums too don’t they?
I don’t know about you, but to me, it seemed as though April just flew by. In that way time has a habit of doing when your days are full of trips and activities. Busy but in a good intinional way. With the sun coaxing us outside, there were picnics and park visits and a beautiful long Easter weekend spent with friends and family in the gardens of my childhood. Much to feel grateful and thankful for…
- Frothy blossom everywhere.
- Our first park picnic dinner of the year.
- My own mamma coming to stay and Casper spending sweet quality time with his Granny Annie.
- Launching my newsletter (finally!)
- Baking biscuits with my little bud but deciding that we both prefer the unbaked dough so rebranding them cereal bars instead.
- Casper and his cousin’s first Easter egg hunt together.
- Planting seeds and bulbs in our little urban garden. Spending time with my hands in the earth and the smell of damp soil.
- Best friends becoming parents and getting to snuggle their two-week young squidge.
- Toddler making animal noises all day long. Moo! Baa! Quack!
- Woodland walks in dappled sunlight.
- Water play.
- Our first trip to children’s A&E being thankfully only a precaution.
- That beautiful sunshiney Easter weekend.
- Too much chocolate!
- Me and both my siblings in the same place at the same time – a rare occurrence.
- T-shirts, sunhats and the smell of lotion on warm soft skin.
What little joys did the month of April bring for you?